Wooly Farm is a Mobile Farm which visits Montessori’s, Schools, Nursing Homes, Universities, Birthday Parties, and Family Fun Days all year round. We are looking for somebody to join our growing team as a Van Driver and animal handler. This role is currently available on a part-time basis. Own van not necessary. Applicants must be over 25 years of age for Insurance purposes.
Applicants should enjoy working with children and animals and preferably have some experience in these areas. They should also be confident, enthusiastic, outgoing individuals with an ambition to learn new skills, be flexible with days and times, have fluent English and must have availability for school holidays and weekend work.All successful applicants will have to undergo Garda Clearance and Child Safeguarding training. Wooly Farm is located in Moneygall, Co Tipperary. The farm is not assessable by public bus/train so access to your own transport is necessary.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To drive to and from events,
- to set up and pack up for events,
- to educate and entertain.
- Be a team member for events.
- Customer Service
- Facilitator of birthday parties, Montessori’s, Schools, Nursing Home & University Visits.
- Set up the equipment and animals at event.
- Manage all aspects of health, hygiene and safety at event.
- In the case of birthday parties, partake in an animal show for the children.
- Supervise animal petting and handling.
- Tidy up and pack away all equipment and animals at the end of the event.
The successful candidate will have:
• Full clean driving license
• Availability to work evenings and weekends
• Be able to work well in a team
• Be flexible; reliable; creative; innovative; standards driven
• Be fluent in English
• Have leadership skills.
• Be a highly motivated individual.
• Be available both mid-week and weekends during peak season.
• Preferably have previous customer service experience